Staging and financing plans
- Stage one: (Y2023): The commencement phase. This phase will see the completion of semi-permanent buildings, where primary school and some additional activities will begin. It will include five classrooms, admin, library, project working areas, a multipurpose hall that doubles up as Gurdwara, a covered learning area (COLA) and a playing area. The cost of completion is approximately $6 million. About $2M will be the cost of buildings and the balance $4M is the likely cost of providing civil services including land clearing and levelling, building roads, stormwater facilities, electricity water and telecommunication infrastructure, landscaping and security infrastructure, etc.
- Stage two: (Y2023/Y2025): Construction of our permanent primary school building can be in three parts depending upon the availability of funds. The costs associated are expected to be about $25 million. The school is likely to finance this stage with borrowing.
- Stage three (Y2025 onwards): The secondary school building can also be built in three stages and the cost projection is $25 million. Timing of construction will be dictated by demand and funds availability.
- Other stages: Achievements in this stage will bear witness to the completion of the project and the establishment of all education levels and campuses. This would include a childcare centre, school hall/indoor sports arena and Gurdwara sahib building, boarding facilities, the connecting bridge building, village green and other open areas. An accurate timeline and budget will be provided closer to the appropriate time and will depend upon availability of funds and willingness of the community.
- The NSW and Commonwealth Governments provide funding each year to assist with the improvements of existing schools. All efforts will be made to secure the maximum funding available from these sources.
- Further sources of incomes will be generously supplemented by our community in order to achieve quality outcomes.
Upon completion, this project will be valued at an estimated $250 million. Sikh Grammar School will be one of the premier educational, social, cultural and religious institutions in Australia, where families from local, interstate and international communities will feel proud to send their children. Our ultimate objective is to provide a superior school in which the quality of the young people attending and graduating is paramount – we believe the results will speak for themselves: a great school produces exceptional students.